Founded by: Hey_Mister
• If you think something should be included in the Town Charter please email Hey_Mister.
Don't ask to be Opped
Don't ask for Creative Mode
Don't ask for anything to be Spawned In
Don't ask for TP
Don't ask for any mods or plugins
Dont ask for the world seed
If you lose items through dying or player error, dont ask for replacements
Streamers and YouTubers
North Hope welcomes Streamers and YouTubers. If you are looking for a white listed server to be a part of please apply, however this does not automatically mean it is a place for your subs or followers. If you join us and there is a larger quantity of applications following your acceptance applications will be closed.
All projects that may impact another person need to be discussed first.
This includes changing or adding to someone else's build, if you have an idea for improvement it needs to be discussed prior to commencement.
• This excludes base building, but be respectful of your neighbours
• If you open a door make sure you close it again, Leaving doors open could result in a creeper explosion.
Any bad behaviour will not be tolerated and you will be immediately removed from North Hope.
North Hope is a vanilla Player server but we have some admin tools installed to assist in the running of the server. Coreprotect is the main plug-in, it is a data logging and anti-griefing tool. With Coreprotect you can rollback and restore any amount of damage, you can also see who has accessed a chest and what they have removed.
Bad behaviour includes but is not limited to:
• Any hateful behaviour towards any other resident of North Hope.
• Stealing or Griefing.
• Destroying some one else's work.
• North Hope is a vanilla server, so no Mods or macros (except Optifine).
• Excessive Swearing or bad language.
• Reading other peoples mail in the Post office, in fact stay out of other peoples mail boxes alltogether unless you are posting something to them. What others have posted isn't any of your business!
AFK farming and server lag
• AFK'ing at manual kill mob farms is banned as this creates a huge amount of lag and impacts on the server and other residents.
• Anyone found to be AFK at a manual kill mob farm will be removed from the server.
• AFK fishing does not seem to affect the server much so this is allowed.
PVP is enabled; this doesn't mean you can run around killing players or other players animals, even in retaliation. If someone is trying to kill you without permission this is against the rules.
North Hope is a family friendly town
• There is to be no insulting or rude building.
• There is to be minimal swearing remember there may be children about.
•If you are found to be inactive for a long period of time (usually 6 weeks) and have not notified us your base will be cleared and you will be removed from the whitelist.
• People sometimes move, we understand that, but please let us know because others may be able to use your space to build. And it would be nice to say goodbye to you as well.
• Any transferring of land or possesions to another player must be written in a signed book (signed by the player giving it away) for evidence, remember it is an offence to take someone elses things or land.
In game chat and external voice services
• North Hope does not condone the exchange of personally identifiable details in chat or through the game in any way, and accepts no responsibility if you choose to do so.
• If you need to have parents consent prior to using an external service please do so.
• If something or someone in North Hope is making you uncomfortable please tell Hey_Mister immediately.
Pranks are allowed But:
• You must leave a sign telling the recipient who did it.
• You must not use Lava.
• You must not use TNT.
• You must not unleash a wither.
• You must not use fire.
• You must not play a prank where the outcome is death.
Building and Realestate
• You must not claim land to re-sell to others.
• You must not sell land that was given to you by Hey_Mister. If you have no use for it, or you change your mind it will be taken back for others to use.
Building in the air is permitted but this must be done over vacant land that you must claim and not over some ones else's build or near spawn.
Please respect the honesty system in shops and trading centres, not doing so is stealing.
Please try and respect the terrain when you are building. We want to leave as much of the natural beauty of the land as possible.
Creeper holes are to be filled when it happens or soon after.
Damage to others residents property by creepers (and this will happen) is to be repaired when it happens or soon after, if you are unable to do this contact the resident affected to discuss options, leave a sign or a written book.
when chopping down trees please replant, and remove the whole tree, we dont want any floating tree tops.
Strip mining: Digging a large hole in the ground or flattening a hill to remove resources, this is not allowed near the town.
Branch Mining: Digging a staircase or shaft to the desired level and branching out from the main shaft, this is allowed.
If you find any Villages do not raid them and take all of the food or any bookshelves.
• Please again respect the native villages of North Hope they will be there when we want to trade.
If you would like to release a wither remember they are a highly destructive force, so releasing it far away from any one or any builds would be a good idea. I suggest using a deep cave, if the wither kills you it won't be able to easily escape.
If you unleash a wither it must be killed before you leave, you cannot leave it alive.
The nether hub is planned to be a place where all other portals, mob grinders and fortresses are connected to for safe and easy navigation and use. If you make a portal to your base please post signs so others may visit, or in an emergency others can find your base to help.
All players are asked to not visit the end, as we plan to make an event of it when we feel we are prepared enough. If you find a portal please do not activate it.
• When the dragon has been killed, you can re-summon the dragon as many times as you like
• you must make sure you have killed the dragon if you re-summoned it, do not leave it in the end.